Saturday

Eyes Closed,

As I sit here I here the footsteps from above. This noise is not a peaceful noise, it is aggravated and annoying. It makes me feel distressed and uncomfortable knowing that there is someone living above me and I can hear all of their movements.
My roommate speak in a beautiful foreign language, russian. She just speaks it so fluently and freely, it makes me warm inside.
Lolas feet tapping to the beat of Matt and Kim.
Doors shutting around me.
Last but not least, the humm/buzz coming from the dying light bulb.

Once I open my eyes, I realize what I miss without sight. If I did not know Lola was sitting there I would not know who's feet were tapping, or who was playing Matt and Kim. I feel like people do know appreciate sight as much as they should, it is such a beautiful thing.